Extreme weather like snow, ice, and high winds can put a ton of stress on the trees growing on your property. When bad storms pass through, you might find yourself in need of storm damage tree removal. Read below to learn how to deal with your trees that need to be removed due to storm damage. For the tree service Decatur, GA residents trust, call Top Tree Service Company at 678-916-6040 or email us at email@example.com.
What You Need to Know About Tree Removal During Storms
Homeowners usually try to remove trees on their own after a storm. If you are not a professional, this can be a very risky idea. You don’t want to take the chance that you get injured trying to remove any storm damaged trees. Let a professional arborist do what they were trained to do, and fix your trees.
Untrained property owners commonly try to get rid of damaged trees and wind up with serious injuries. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you can wind up doing more harm than good when attempting storm damage tree removal on your own.
Should You Remove the Tree on Your Own?
It might be tempting to try to remove any storm damaged trees without the help of a tree service in Atlanta, but it’s not worth it. You could seriously injure yourself. But, if you insist on doing your own tree removal, here are some tips to follow:
If a Tree is Down on a Power Line:
- Always assume there is power to the line and don’t approach it.
- Call the energy company as soon as possible.
- Please don’t touch anything near the line and make sure no one else goes near it either. You could easily get electrocuted.
- Understand that downed power lines can be concealed in the brush. Please don’t risk it and call a tree company.
Second, when choosing whether to attempt storm damage tree removal on your own:
- Think about where the tree is located and how big the tree is. Call a tree removal service if you have to get over 20 feet in the air to get the job done. Do not try any tree job from a ladder!
- Inspect how the tree is leaning and the overall shape of the tree. Evaluate the trunk for degeneration, weak spots, or damaged limbs. If you see any major damage or if the tree is dead and unstable, you need to take extra precautions when attempting storm damage tree removal.
- Evaluate the areas surrounding the damaged tree. Look for utility lines, buildings, cars, plants, or anything else that may hinder the tree removal process.
- Keep any other people away from the damaged tree, especially children.
- Even little trees can be really dangerous. Never cut any tree that is under tension.
- Try to make the tree fall in a safe area that you have cleared out.
Unless you have experience using a chainsaw, you should let a tree service handle the job. Storm damage tree removal can be very risky, and even tree removal experts can get injured, so be extra careful.
Call a tree removal company to deal with any storm damage tree work if you have any uncertainties.
Consider Calling a Tree Service Professional
For safe and effective storm damage tree removal, hire a tree removal service with the experience, tools, and knowledge to remove or trim damaged trees safely. All you have to do to find an experienced tree service is Google, “tree service near me.”
Top Tree Service Company serves metro Atlanta and Savannah, GA, with the best tree removal services in the area. Call us at 678-916-6040 or 912-480-0132 for a free estimate.