There are many reasons for land clearing, but they usually fall into one of three categories: Personal reasons, commercial development, and farming.
- Most homeowners need land clearing because part of their property is overgrown, and they would like to start using it.
- Other people in business who are in the beginning stages of a construction project need to clear the land for a foundation to build on.
- When it comes to farmers, they use land clearing to get the land ready for planting crops by trimming trees, removing stumps, clearing brush away, removing rocks, and tilling up the ground.
For the average homeowner, land clearing is about adding value to their property by clearing trees and shrubs to make room for other landscaping designs.
Tree removal and stump removal can be very hard, dangerous, and requires the use of special equipment. If you’re not experienced in land clearing and tree removal, don’t try to clear the land yourself; hire a professional tree company to do it for you.
How Does Clearing Land Work?
The first part of the land clearing process involves reading the blueprints of the project designs to determine what needs to be done. Then, the land clearing services will remove everything but the dirt, getting the site ready to build on. This process includes removing any trees, shrubs, stumps, rocks, or other debris on the land. Poplar tree root removal is a specialty of tree services because it is such a tough job, homeowners have a hard time doing it on their own.
Is Land Clearing Good or Bad?
Determining whether land clearing is good or bad can be tricky, and it all depends on who you ask. For example, if you were to ask a real estate developer if he thought land clearing was good or bad, his answer would probably be that it’s very good. However, some people believe that land clearing leads to habitat loss and excess runoff, which negatively impacts marine ecosystems, fisheries, and tourism.
How do You Get Land Cleared?
If you want to know how to DIY your land clearing, the tree experts at Top Tree Service Company created an eight-step guide so you can clear your own land. Hire the tree service Johns Creek GA residents trust the most-Top Tree Service Company! Call us at 678-916-6040 for a FREE estimate today.
Steps to clearing your land:
- Walk the part of your property so you can get an idea of what needs to be cleared away.
- Create a plan of action. This includes deciding on the tools needed, hiring help, making time on your schedule, finding somewhere to haul off the debris.
- Get the right equipment and tools. Depending on the size of the land clearing job, you may get by with a wheelbarrow, or you may need a bulldozer.
- Remove the trees. If you don’t have the tools or the experience, you will need to hire a tree removal service to cut down all the trees on your property.
- Stump removal. Once the trees are cut down, the stumps need to be removed with a stump grinder.
- Clean the debris away from the area. You will need to haul off all the debris to the local dump.
- Excavate the topsoil. For this, you will definitely need a bulldozer.
- Level the soil. Once you have the soil level, you are ready to build.
Do You Want to Try Land Clearing on Your Own?
As you can see, land clearing is no simple task, and it should be left to professionals with the right equipment and experience. If you are located in the Atlanta area and need your land cleared, Top Tree Service Company should be your go-to provider. You can call us at 678-916-6040 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free estimate today.