Whether your trees end up being damaged by a storm or catch a detrimental disease, you may need an arborist to cut them down. After the trees are removed, the stumps in your yard might cause problems, from diminished curb appeal to dangerous hazards on your property. Once you have decided a stump must go, stump removal cost is probably the next thing on your mind. If you need a professional stump removal service for stump grinding, call Top Tree Service Company at 678-916-6040 for free estimates.
Why Should You Have Your Tree Stump Removed
After a tree has been cut down or “felled” the remaining piece of tree left is called the stump or tree stump. It’s usually a small remaining portion of the trunk with the roots still in the ground. A tree stump can be removed at any time after the tree is felled, but manual removal is sometimes easier if the stump has aged and dried out somewhat. At any rate, if you have a tree stump in your yard, it needs to be removed. The stump removal cost are worth it to keep your property safe.
Stumps Attract Insects
Tree stumps can quickly become breeding grounds for pests and rodents, specifically once they start to rot and decay. Protect against bugs from taking up residence in them and possibly entering your house by having an arborist remove the stumps. Tree stumps attract termites at an alarming rate and this can cause damage to the rest of your property.
Conserve Backyard Area
In some situations, tree stumps be in places that stop you from utilizing your lawn to its full capacity. Stump removal ensures that the area remains clear, offering you enough space to grow a vegetable garden, set up a pool, play sporting activities, or build a deck. Homeowners that care about their yard will seek out tree services to keep their property looking good.
Average Stump Removal Costs
The average stump removal cost in the US is about $175, and it usually takes a little over an hour to get the job done. Professional tree removal companies may estimate their price on the following factors:
- Diameter – Some companies will get their cost from the diameter of the tree stump that you want to be removed from your yard. The minimum charge is usually around $100, but you can plan on paying between $2-$3 per inch or the stump’s diameter.
- Number of Stumps – You will get a better price if you need multiple stumps removed. The more stumps that you have removed, the cheaper the overall cost will be.
- Land Clearing – If you need a large piece of land cleared of stumps, you will probably be charged hourly. On average, you can expect to be charged about $175 an hour.
Circumstances that May Affect the Cost of Stump Removal
There are a couple of different things that will directly affect stump removal cost. Here are a couple of those things:
- Diameter of the Stump – The bigger the tree stump, the more it will cost to remove.
- The Stumps Age – An older stump will be easier to remove with the stump grinder because the wood is usually softer on an older stump.
- Soil – If your stump grows in rocky soil, it may damage the stump grinder, so you will probably be charged more.
- Type of Tree – Some trees have stronger wood than others and will be harder to grind down.
- Roots – Tree stumps that don’t have a huge root system will be cheaper to remove.
- Debris – If you don’t know what to do with the sawdust from stump grinding and you don’t mind cleaning up the wood chips, the cost will be lower than having the tree company remove the debris.
Simplify Yard Maintenance
Lawn upkeep takes longer and is a lot more challenging when you need to navigate a lawnmower around tree stumps. After stump removal, you won’t have to stress over spending additional energy and time on your landscaping.
Increase the Safety of Your Property
Tree stumps make your lawn less safe given that they are hazards for people to trip over. If you mistakenly roll over them with your lawnmower or car, you can end up with a flat tire or mechanical damages. When you get rid of tree stumps it improves the safety of your residential or commercial property and will save you money in the long run.